Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


This is the Cherry Tree that Nate, Noah, and I planted one year ago today in honor of Evan. It is absolutely beautiful and has blossomed so well!


As for today it is just another day without Evan. People are always concerned about how we do around any holiday, but everyday is hard just in different ways. We have found that the days leading up to are usually harder. The month of May is especially hard as his birthday and angel anniversary are just a week apart. I should be with Evan talking about his birthday party. I wonder what theme would he choose and who he would want to invite. Nate and I try to guess what he would be into right about now. My guess is Star Wars. I can only pretend...

This year we are discussing what we should do to honor him. The thought of "celebrating" his birthday is just a stab through my heart. After all, we get to spend Evan's 8th birthday in a cemetery. In everything that we have been through in 2 years Nate and I just don't know if we have the emotional energy. Maybe we should celebrate his 2nd year in Heaven.

Today my husband gave me the most wonderful present. The Mother's Day before Evan passed away he and I spent hours planting flowers. I set the flowers where they were to be planted and Evan dug the holes. He would say to me. "Is this deep enough mom?" He said in his Kindergarten Graduation letter that he wanted to spend the summer planting flowers with his mom. I will always cherish that day! Anyway, later that fall it was time to pull the flowers most of which had died. Nate brought several of the petunia's in the house and I stuck them in a book and forgot about them. Well this year Nate retrieved them and had them preserved in a frame for me! I was so surprised and thankful to my husband for giving such a wonderful gift from Evan! It was absolutely perfect!


I spent most of the day just hugging and loving my little boys! I am so thankful to God that I am a mommy.


Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Delenn said...

What a wonderful present, so very cherished!

I love how wonderfully that cherry tree is blooming.

Unknown said...

Your strength still astounds me. Your willingness to let God's glory work through you in such a time of suffering is undeniable. I wish you could have held all three of your boys yesterday, but your life is such a tribute to Evan, I feel that he is always with you. Love you!

尚舒 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"While we try and teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."