Thursday, January 20, 2011

1st Birthday

Call me a lazy blogger! It has been more than a month since I last blogged. The holidays are pretty challenging to get through and rec-coup time was much needed. The month of January has proven to be a crazy, busy month as well.

January 19th was Chase's first birthday! I cannot believe that this year has gone by so fast. I love this little boy more than words can express and his little personality is blossoming by the day. He is such a sweet little guy and has brought so much hope back to Nate and I. He has a little sparkle in his eyes that remind us so much of Evan. Not to mention he looks so much like him as well. Noah is head over heals in love with him and literally cherishes every moment with him. Each morning Noah climbs into the crib and cuddles with him. Nate and I love to lay in bed and listen to the giggles and laughs over the monitor. Evan used to do the same thing when Noah was a baby. It is so awesome to see these two amazing little boys grow closer and closer each day. I just pray that they keep this loving relationship. I am just so incredibly grateful to have these two awesome little boys here on earth that keep us going each day.


Anyway Chase's birthday was very hard. In general birthdays are such a struggle for me. While I am so grateful that one of my children is another year older, I just can't help to think the worst thoughts. How many birthdays will we get with our little ones? I can only pray that we have MANY more!


Here is our little cake-covered munchkin...















1 comment:

madeleine said...

Though my sister knows yours, we do not know one another but I think of your family so often. My children have attended the same pre-school as yours and I often see your van in the parking lot. I have cried for you, prayed for you and felt joy for you when my sister told me you had a new little one. I tell you all of this because I thought you would want to know that your angel is remembered by people who did not know him or you...people who wish and pray for the best for your family, always. God Bless You!
Madeleine Melcher

"While we try and teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."