Monday, December 8, 2008

New Blog

People keep mentioning to me that I should be journaling my thoughts and feelings. This would be easy to do if I didn't have a thousand emotions run through my head daily. Sorting these feelings can prove to be a time-consuming task. Until now, I don't think my mind has been capable of writing anything anyway.

61/2 months have passed since our precious little boy passed away. On the Morning of May 31, 2008, I went to wake him and found him already with the angels. There was nothing anyone could do to save him. At that moment, our lives were shattered, never to return to " normal". We are still left with little answers as to the cause of his death. Evan is classified as SUDC (Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood). I didn't even know this existed. Yes, this exists and it happened to our little boy. We had been preparing to go to Disney World the 2nd week in June, now all of a sudden, we were planning a funeral for our child. How fair is that?

Our lives quickly changed from wonderful, to unimaginable in just a moment. We found ourselves sitting a Irwin Funeral Home picking out Evan's casket. This is something that no parent should ever have to do.

No comments:

"While we try and teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."