Monday, November 22, 2010

Conversation

Listening to a conversation between two VERY egotistic moms who where competitively bragging about their children.....


Mom #1

My third grader made the honor last quarter!


Mom #2

My third grader got first place in the fundraiser!


Mom #1

My third grader won the talent contest!

Mom #2

My third grader got the "best behavior" award this semester!

And the boasting went on and on...Sure we all love to shine upon our kiddos accomplishments, but I seriously thought I was listing to an episode of "Desperate House Moms" if such a thing exists!


My Thoughts


My third grader is laying in a casket six feet under the ground....sigh...

Right now I would give anything if my third grader was sitting in the principal's office.

2 comments:

MPWife 153 (Heather) said...

It takes all I have Not to shake some sense into parents like this. Or the parents who complain about their kids. Luckily for THEM my meds keep me from smacking some sense into them ;)

I would LOVE to have my little man getting into trouble, keeping me awake all night b/c he didn't feel good, anything to have him back with us!

(((hugs)))

jillianw04 said...

You've touched the nerve at the heart of your reality. A blessing and a curse. Your eyes are open to so much more than the average mom. Not one breath that your children take will ever be taken for granted. You celebrate every moment as though it might be the last. But the curse is, that you can never again be oblivious like the moms you referenced. What do you do with that? My thought...stay obedient to the heart of Christ. You have taught me to embrace every moment. Your eyes are open, mine squint...I am not living your reality. But, God has worked through you, in my life. I hope you know that. I can't wait until Heaven, when I see you, Nathan and all three of your boys together. :) love and hugs.
jill

"While we try and teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."